Rechargeable Batteries for Solar Lights
Solar Light Batteries
• Nominal 12.8V as typical voltage
• Capacity from 15Ah ~ 21 Ah
• Standard BMS with options for charging and discharging current (subject to engineering approval)
• Safest lithium chemistry with high energy density
• Built-in intelligent BMS (Battery Management System) for battery protection from overcharge, over-discharge, overcurrent and over-temperature.
• Efficient & long-lasting service life
• Plug & play replacement
Cleaning energy, wiring task free, battery with maintenance free and long lifespan are the advantages of solar lighting.
We offer a variety of battery selections depending on requirements.
- Custom storage battery of different operating voltage, capacity etc.
- Custom production from cells selection, BMS to enclosure etc.
- MultipleCommunication Protocols: RS485, RS232, CAN, SNMP V3 Available
- Unlimited Units Parallel Supported
- Trusted and Reliable BMS out sousing suppliers
Specifications for Solar Light Batteries
|Electrical Characteristics||Nominal Voltage||12.8V||12.8V||12.8V|
|Nominal Capacity @0.2C||18Ah||24Ah||30Ah|
|Cycle Life||>2000 Cycles @ 0.2C Charging/Discharging at 90%DOD until 70% Capacity.|
|Standard Charging||Charging Voltage||14.6|
|Charging Mode (CC/CV)||At 0°C~45°C temperature, charged to 14.6V at a constant current of 0.2C5A, and then at constant voltage of 14.6V until the current is not more than 0.02C5A.|
|Max. Charging Current||10A|
|Standard Discharging||Discharging Current||3.6A||4.8A||6A|
|Max. Continuous Current||10A|
|Discharging Cut-off Voltage||2.5V|
|Operating Condition||Charge Temperature||0°Cto 45°C|
|Discharge Temperature||-10°Cto 60°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 45°C|
Pictures of Solar Light Batteries
FAQ for Solar Light Batteries
- How do solar-powered street lights work?
- Solar street lights work by converting solar energy into electric energy. The solar panels mounted on the pole of a solar street light absorb solar energy in the daytime, which then can be converted into electricity. And built-in rechargeable batteries play the role in storing electric energy. The light will work on electricity if needed.
- Do outdoor solar lights need batteries?
- Generally, Solar lights are built-in with rechargeable batteries. Outdoor solar lights do not actually power on solar energy, but rather on the electric energy stored in rechargeable batteries, which are recharged by miniature solar panels.
- Can I use a higher mAh battery in solar lights?
- Using a higher mAh battery enables the battery to work for a longer time at night. It’s necessary for you to consider the voltage and the size of the battery, which should match exactly the original solar light batteries’.
- Why do I have to use rechargeable batteries for solar lights?
- What a solar light needs to power is not just solar power, but also a battery, which is required to be rechargeable and thus can be recharged by solar panels, to store the electric energy converted by solar energy. The electric energy is stored for later use to prevent power blackouts.
- What kind of batteries are used in solar street lights?
- Li-ion batteries are generally used for all-in-one lighting systems such as solar street lightsand solar garden lights. A higher energy density makes lithium-ion batteries lighter and smaller than other batteries such as NiMH batteries and Ni Cd batteries when in the same battery capacity. Besides, lithium-ion batteries are comparatively low maintenance and don’t require scheduled cycling. Lithium-ion batteries also have a low self-discharge rate and a long service life.
- How often do you need to recharge a solar light battery?
- A solar light battery will self-discharge over time, and stop to work finally if not being recharged. Generally speaking, Solar light batteriesneed to be recharged every 3 months, which will keep the batteries functioning well.
Maxworld pride us on our excellent R&D team and strong creativity, with the most advanced facilities, strict ISO standard manufacturing process, efficient management, and the awareness of being a leader in battery industry, committed to manufacturing and design LiFePO4 and lithium batteries and integrated battery packs for green energy storage systems. Focusing on lead-acid batteries to replace green energy, and provide best battery solutions for solar energy storage systems, 48V systems for telecommunication stations, 12 or 24V marine and RV energy systems, battery for solar street lighting and so on.